Enviroman says: "Take public transport."
1. Private vehicles are a major contributor to carbon dioxide and global warming.
2. Single occupancy vehicles (tiny man in a huge chunk of metal) doesn't make sense.
3. Public transport is a much more efficient utilization of the world's resources, especially the fast depleting fossile fuel.
4. Imagine what is going to happen to the environment and world resources when private car ownership in China catches up with the US.
5. Traffic jams
6. One get to be chauffeured around
7. One get to enjoy the scenery along the journey, maybe even catch up on a bit of work.
8. No need to go round and round looking for scarce parking space.
9. One get to enjoy leisurely window shopping in town without worrying about parking charges
10. Get one's daily dose of much needed exercise while strolling to and from the bus stops.
11. Toll charges then become the headache of the public transport operators.
I am sure you can think of many other very good reasons. Please add them in the comments.
Enviroman practices what he preach. He stroll from the home to the bus stop and from the bus stop to place of work almost everyday. And just a few days ago, he took the LRT (light rail transit) to the city and thoroughly enjoyed it.