Monday, September 19, 2005

Enviroman says, "Kudos to you, Pakistan."

Enviroman says, "Kudos to you, Pakistan."

Definitions of Kudos on the Web: a singular Greek word meaning praise.

Why praise Pakistan? According to the Daily Times, Pakistan will have 9,700 megawatts of electricity by 2030 through renewable energy projects based on wind, solar, micro-hydel, fuel cell, tidal, oceanic and bio gas. By June 2006, the Alternate Energy Development Board (AEDB) would ensure the installation of 100mw wind power plants at Keti Bandar and Gharo in Sindh and 700mw plants by 2010.

Mr Hamid of the AEDB said that by 2030 the renewable energy would be five percent of the total power generated in Pakistan. He said solar products such as solar lights, fans, cookers and geysers would be developed by the private sector. He said the board had issued letters of intent (LOIs) to 22 national and international companies for generating 1,100mw through wind energy, adding that the AEDB was planning to produce the towers and blades for windmills Pakistan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you got here, I fully anticipate stopping back for some great updates. I have a website and blog on top ten search engine ranking, It mainly covers gaining a top search engine ranking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me post on your site. Just letting you know I dropped by. Check out my
Wedding Favors site when you get a chance.
If you don't like this posting, you can erase it.

Anonymous said...

B5Media Blog Network Launches
P.S. Just off to launch my own blog network, I'd happily give my bloggers 75% of the revenue and still have trouble sleeping at night thinking I was a cpaitalist pig exploiting the workers.
Hey, I love your blog it's real great!

I have a ##dating## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##american singles## and dating related stuff.

You should come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

asdsdfdfgfgh said...

Here's what you get for posting advertising comments on other people's Blogs - having not read their blog at all.